mrsmanmeet

Friday, June 09, 2006

Corruption with love

Capitalism is very infectious and it creeps in unknown ways.

A recent conversation.

Elderly collegue talking about her grand daughter to a young mother and I happened to be there.

Elderly collegue: "so how do you manage with such small kid (3 year old) ? doens't he trouble you?"

Young mother: "oh ma'am, don't ask. He's like a storm at times."

Elderly collegue: "oh my daughter is very smart at managing her daughter. What she has started with her now is that she engages the little one to do the house work and for everything she does my daughter pays her. Rs.2 for the table, Rs. 5 for keeping her toys , Rs.2 for keeping her shoes..........."

I just couldn't stay quiet so I asked her with a smile : "So she is getting her first lessons in corruption?"

And Ma'am just turned a deaf ear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home