mrsmanmeet

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Everyday events in the capital city



Yes I am married and everyday I am gazed at. Wearing sindoor or a bindi will not help in any way. I feel pathetic when the police commissioner advices the women-to dress up decently. Dressing up decently does nothing to hide the fact that I am a women, rather I think it confirms the fact-that yes I am scared of your gaze, yes I am scared that u might pinch my butt or my boobs and I subjugate my freedom to you.

..............................................................................................................................................................................

I take this occasion to salute Nisha Sharma, the first in our nation, and those who followed her example to stand up against the dowry system. For once I can say-I am proud to be an Indian.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

Menstruation happens once a month & it comes unannounced. The first day of my periods I have severe cramps & am unable to go to work and the next day after I have availed leave for that day I get a memo-telling me I have broken the code of conduct for not getting my leave sanctioned priorly. There is however one provision of avoiding the memo-either I get it sanctioned in advance or I produce a medical certificate from a doctor stating-I was having menstrual cramps so had to take rest. I have been unable to do so till today and there is more to it.
The punishment for availing an unsanctioned leave is to fill a blue form stating why one availed the leave, so I write-having severe menstrual cramps for which I was told by one of the authorities -aren't u ashamed. Yet I am expected to teach my students to be honest.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

I was traveling in a bus one evening, at one stop 3or 4 ladies got on & there was no seat so they were left standing. Sitting two seats behind me were some gentlemen conversing, one of them said arey yeh to e-mail ka female ho gaya! ( from e-mail we have female) the other one responded nahin spam hai(no it is spam).
I believe traveling in bus is definitely a feel good factor for men; rather gentlemen and women use it more as a mode of commuting.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home